Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Defiance...


    How would you label defiance?  Websters defines it as "a daring or bold resistance to authority or an opposing force; open disregard.  Does this sound like anyone you know?  For me it sounds A LOT like my 6 year old twin boy.  He laughs at the face of my wrath.  Literally!  If I spank him because he's been defiant he just laughs most of the time.  He acts like it's a game and he continues in the same manner as to which he got in trouble for.  As a parent this is extremely frustrating and sometimes it's hurtful that he doesn't deem me serious enough.
    This is the same case with believers and Christ.  When we go against His teachings and His commands we too are being defiant.  We are basically telling Him we don't see Him as someone of authority; someone we are to take serious.  My friends; this is just so wrong!  As you'll find in many places in scripture; God did punish and did pass out consequences to those that disobeyed.  He "spanked" many.  As we do with our children; out of Love - so does Christ with us.  When we are disobedient there is punishment.  We can't expect to change our behaviour if we don't know it's wrong in the first place.  We correct our children as does Christ correct us.
    Do you think God gets frustrated with us at times?  I do.  I completely know He loves me and takes me with faults and all; but I do think that when I am continually disobedient he just wants to get his wooden spoon out and say "don't you get it yet?"  There is much humor to God and as he teaches us how to live, we in the same manner handle our children accordingly.  Next time your children disobey, ask yourself how many times in a day do we "not listen" to God's instruction as adults. - CiCi-

No comments:

Post a Comment