Monday, April 23, 2012

Test Time...

    Well it looks like the much anticipated STAAR tests are here this week and as with any test, kid's are dreading them.  There has been a lot of hype about this new test; some say it's hard and other's say there's really no way to tell yet since this is the first go round.  Either way, I don't like tests in the least.
    With most tests you can study ahead of time, prepare mentally and get a good nights rest ahead of time.  What about when God tests you?  Can you prepare?  I would say sometimes; yes.  Were we prepared for the tests that were brought to us in the last couple of years?  In some ways we were, in other's our true faith was put to the test.  In 2010 when my husband was laid off for a year; we weren't prepared for that; but we had been real good at budgeting our money; so we were able to live off a really tight budget.  As well as trust Christ to provide for us and bring the right job to Jason.
    In 2011 we were hit with one of our children being diagnosed with cancer.  Prepared?  Not for what lied ahead; but spiritually I was prepared.  I had been spending much personal time with Him and in His word - so my faith was strong and my courage in knowing and understanding that His will was in motion; no matter what the outcome!  This does not mean that I didn't need prayer for strength though; that was an everyday battle and sometimes still is.
    Just like school gives tests in order to see where children are academically; God gives us tests to see where we are spiritually.  So do you think you would pass or fail a test God hands you?  Believe me; no matter how much faith you think you have; all you need is the amount of a mustard seed for God to do mighty things. -CiCi-

No comments:

Post a Comment