Thursday, April 19, 2012

10 Commandments in Being Fit & Healthy...



    In the last couple of years I have changed my eating habits and really began focusing on my health and what it means to be fit.  Above is a good thing for you to have and put on your fridge or in your office as a reminder of some of the necessities to a better "Healthstyle".  If you are just starting out, begin with at least numbers 1, 3 & 4.  If you can make smaller portions and eat just that it's a great start.  If you still make normal portions; try and leave at least one bite to begin with; for say about a week and then up it to 2 bites and so on.
    What have you got to lose?  Some body fat!  Just because someone looks 'thin' does not mean the inside of their body is healthy.  When I began I was 140lbs. with 32% body fat!!!  That was very unhealthy fat around my heart.  Today I am keeping steady at 115 and 17% body fat.  Also remember that muscle replaces fat so you can't always watch your scale.  I have gained a lot of muscle because I do body building as part of my workouts; not just cardio.  You will actually burn more fat lifting weights and exchanging the fat for muscle than you will doing lots of cardio.  The cardio is good for your heart and endurance; so it's good to do both!
    If you would like more information regarding the right things you should and should not be eating feel free to contact me at kingsdaughtercc@aol.com or on FB @ Cindy Leach Cañas.
    Good luck with making the effort for a "Healthstyle" change, not a "Fad Diet". -CiCi-

No comments:

Post a Comment