Tuesday, April 3, 2012

On Our Knees...

    In the most recent bible study I took it was based on prayer; "Oh God, please!" The heart cry of a burdened soul.  Throughout this study we looked at many lives that were changed by the power of prayer as well as why some prayers are answered and other's are not.  I won't go into depth; but the main outcome as we closed today that I want to share is our POSITION of prayer.
    We all go through out our day and say little prayers here and there; we might have our quiet time in the morning that has prayer in it; but where is your prayer?  Is it behind a desk over your bible?  Is it always sitting in your car and on the go?  How often is your prayers down on bended knee before the throne of God? 

    For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name.  I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being
Ephesians 3:14-16

Ladies - we should be down on our knees in total reverence and out of respect to the Ultimate King of Kings!!  They bow to the Queen of England as they bowed to King's everywhere back at some point.  How much more should we be bowing to the Highest King of all where when we bow with prayer; He listens?  He can actually move mountains; physically and within our hearts. 
    I am going to begin to change my prayer habits to make sure I am kneeling in Holy reverence to my mighty Father - King of the Heaven, King of my life and King of Kings!  Don't get me wrong; he listens to our heart cries no matter where we give them; but I think He would love to see us show him a little more respect than we give Him credit for.  Are you going to be one with me that shows Christ a little more reverence when we are asking things of Him?  Let's not just give him a to-do list; let's give Him our hearts and cries with a deep commitment of faith that He deserves!-CiCi-


No comments:

Post a Comment