Monday, April 9, 2012

Get Up & Get God...


If you do what is right, will you not be accepted?  But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it.

Genesis 4:7
 
                Think back to high school; for some of you it might be more recent than others of us.  Were you accepted back then?  Were you someone who played by the rules or were you the rebel that was just trying to fit in with a specific crowd?  I really didn’t have a certain crowd I hung with.  I wasn’t popular and I surely didn’t think I was that pretty.  What I didn’t realize back then was that I was already accepted by God.  He wasn’t concerned with my popularity status; he just wanted me to have a personal relationship with him.  I was saved at an early age; but I was far from living a life that honored Christ.  So as anyone trying to fit in; I found ways that I thought were attracting the right people.  As my senior year rolled around and after graduation; sin was totally at my door – it didn’t even have to knock anymore.
                I had begun drinking before the legal age of 21 and when I did, I felt so in control and more accepted by the world around me.  I was getting the attention of boys and that made me feel pretty.  As a child of God I’m supposed to lean only on Him to satisfy my every desire and it’s only He that can make me feel complete.  You see girls; doing what is right is what makes us accepted in God’s kingdom; the only place we should want to be accepted.  It’s our eternal life with Christ that is important; not the things of this earth that are full of sin and heartache.  Our sin, if we let it, will master us and mine has for many years. 
                I’m not going to beat around the bush; get up, get God, and get your life on the right path for acceptance in the Kingdom of your heavenly father that loves and adores you just as you are! -CiCi-

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. This post takes on personal meaning to me because of my history. It took me 26 years to put the bottle down. Now, with His guidance, I am happy with who I am and am loved by the one person who truly matters.......ME. Thank you for this post. It really jump started my day
    -Ed

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be very proud of how far you've come Ed!! and I always appreciate your feedback!

    ReplyDelete