Sunday, April 15, 2012

Worldly Fit vs. Spiritually Fit...


“You shall have no other God’s before me”

Exodus 20:3
 

Is there something you really, really enjoy doing?  Maybe scrap-booking or playing on-line games.  If any of these replace quality time with Christ then you have put Him second.  He says put no other God’s before Him!  I love to work out; had lately been in the gym for about two hours at least five days a week.  That’s great for my health; but not good for my relationship with Christ.  I had replaced my time with him with a desire to be “fit”.  Once we do this, many things in our life start to decline.  (I still feel the need to be fit and healthy; but I just needed to get my priorities in order).A favorite show that you might watch on Wednesday instead of taping it and going to church; or how about turning on your computer any chance you have spare time instead of picking up God’s word?
          We are all guilty of putting something else before God; but realizing it and making even small changes to put Him first in our day or on our priority list will do wonders for your intimacy with your Heavenly Father.
          So, tomorrow morning when you reach to turn on your computer as soon as you step out of bed, stop and sit for five minutes and thank God for the day ahead and the blessings he bestowed on you the day before.  You'll be amazed how much better your day can go when God is first on your list! -CiCi-

No comments:

Post a Comment