Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Self Talk...



    Do you ever realize how often you talk to yourself?  It's more than 3000 times a DAY!  So what do you tell yourself?  I'm sure if you wrote it down a majority of it would be negative.  "I'm not a good mom", "I wish I were a better wife" or "That was so stupid of me".  How about our past - "I'm not good enough; look at my history."  Any of these sound familiar?
    We need to learn to replace our negative thoughts; which come directly from Satan; with positive thoughts from Christ.  He tells us we are loved just how we are and He forgave us a long time ago!  So why do we keep beating ourselves up?  Why would we WANT to believe the negative garbage?  I sure don't. 
    We constantly question ourselves around other's as well.  "Will they like me", "Will they judge me" or "What if I say the wrong thing?"  We need to be confident in the ONE who created us.  He didn't make anything less than perfect just the way we are.  He created us to be different; to have our own individual abilities and talents and for us to come together with them.
    I want you to really start paying attention to the negative talk you give yourself and try and turn it into positive self talk!  If you have to write them down; do so.  But start believing what Christ believes about you - "You are worth my blood" and "You are beautiful just as you are; inside and out; faults and all." -CiCi-

No comments:

Post a Comment