Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Lead Me...

   


    We were created to be "like" Jesus; created in His image.  It didn't say we were created to be "perfect" in everything we do but that we are to strive to be Christ-like.  The best part about this is God already knew before he created us that we would mess up; more than once too.  His love takes our mistakes and turns them around into love; it might be love with discipline; but it is definitely LOVE.
    We should lean on this more instead of telling ourselves what failures we are.  I tell myself many times that I'm not good enough.  Not good enough to be a writer, not good enough to be a mother or a wife.  The best one is that I tell myself I'm not good enough to be a Christian.  Whoa!  Anyone else ever talk to yourselves like this?  Well, that's Satan trying to feed us lies so that we will turn our backs on Christ and say 'oh well, I'm never going to get better I might as well go back to the way I was', or something similar to this.  Satan is always planting small seeds of doubt where he knows our weaknesses are.  Well don't buy in!  Christ tells us that no matter how many mistakes we make He's there ready to pick us up.  He's ready to dust our pants off; wipe our tears and say 'Let's try this again; but how about you let Me lead'. 
    Below is a link to another song that I just love to listen to daily - it's about us letting Him take the lead because he can do a much better job than we can alone! -CiCi-


http://youtu.be/JFmSzL2ppvg

No comments:

Post a Comment