Thursday, March 8, 2012

First Love...



"You of this generation, consider the word of the LORD: "Have I been a desert to Israel or a land of great darkness? (the answer here would be 'no') Why do my people say, 'We are free to roam; we will come to you no more'? Does a young woman forget her jewelry, a bride her wedding ornaments? Yet my people have forgotten me, days without number.
Jeremiah 2:31-32


  Do you remember who your first love was?  Mine was second grade; a boy named Aaron Carpenter.  I still remember his face and the gift he gave me on my 8th birthday; a smurfette necklace.  Okay, so it wasn't really 'love'; just puppy love; but I still have not forgotten him.  My first day as the new kid and he was the one who smiled at me and made me feel welcomed.
    Why can we remember moments like this but we fail to remember Christ's faithfulness and goodness to us ALL the time?  We're really good to remember Him when things are going bad; but what about when they're going good; He's still there waiting for us to call on Him and to just thank Him for the life we are blessed with everyday.  We too often lose focus that He is the reason things are going good; just as He is the one we draw our strength from when things are going bad.  Remember ALL the times Christ is there for you; which is every second of every minute of every hour of every day! - CiCi -


No comments:

Post a Comment