Monday, March 5, 2012

It's Never Too Late....

    NO IT'S NOT!  It is never too late for anything!  I am 37, soon to be 38 respectively, and I've changed things I never thought I would.  Anytime is a good time to eat healthy and be fit, to cross something off your bucket list and to have a close relationship with Christ.
    Let's start with being fit.  In January 2011 I was tired of my clothes being snug.  I joined a boot camp and then joined a gym as well as changed my eating habits.  Since the start of that I have lost 20 lbs., dropped 3 pant sizes and 15% body fat.  I feel Great!  It took me actually starting it and persevering through it.  Once the results were there, it drove me even harder.
    Let's look at spiritually now.  I try to read scripture before my day gets started and when it comes to an end.  I had to start out somewhere though and what started as 15 minutes eventually turned into having to get up at 5am instead of 6am.  A hunger grows in you; the Holy Spirit takes over and it's awesome what is revealed to me.  As with physical changes when exercising, you begin to see spiritual changes.  God moves in and pushes the "gunk" out.
    Now how about that bucket list.  I would love to hear some of the things on yours!  I have learned to design cakes, cut stained glass, be a certified wedding planner and I ran a 1/2 marathon in December.
    IT IS NEVER TOO LATE - Get out there and do something instead of sitting around and saying 'I wish I had'. - CiCi

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! Just really confirmed God's call for me to really step up in moving the gunk out of my life (and diet).
    As for my bucket list...I want to run at least a half marathon for start.
    Love you girl! Thanks for this post today..it really blessed me!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post reminded me of a verse I just red luke1:37 nothing is impossible with God

    ReplyDelete