Thursday, March 22, 2012

Failing as a Parent...

    Do you often question your parenting skills?  I've talked before about how we are given the Bible as our guidance on raising our children; but what happens when you've tried your best and something occurs that you could have never been prepared for?  That happened to me the other night.  It had me in tears for quit awhile and I was sick to my stomach.  I then began questioning my parenting and where all did I go wrong; this regarding my twins who are 6 years old.
    I started telling myself things like "I'm not spending enough time with them" and "maybe I should just unplug the television."  I told my husband I don't know how much longer I can be both parents (he works out of town).  I started thinking of how I need to maybe re-arrange some priorities and then this might not have happened.  I know children get curious; but I still feel I have failed somewhere.
   I got on my knees in tears just seeking for the answer.  Maybe there isn't one.  God is our center; but maybe not enough.  All those 'should have's and shouldn't have's' played in my mind over and over again.  How about you?  Do you ever feel this way?  Let's not let Satan get the best of us - we can only trust that God will get us through it. -CiCi-


   
  

No comments:

Post a Comment