Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Worry, worry, worry.....

    Are you thinking about the errands you have to run next week or if you're going to have to owe the IRS this year?  How about a family member that has been given a terminal diagnosis?  He says, "and which of you by worrying can add an hour to his life?" (Luke 12:25) Did you get that; are you really benefiting yourself by worrying about what either may not happen or about something you can't change to begin with?
    I take this matter to heart.  Last May my oldest daughter was diagnosed with ovarian cancer.  This was extremely hard and tested my faith.  I can tell you that as a mom of course I worried about what our future held; but at the same time I can honestly say I didn't plea with God to heal her.  I prayed she would be healed; but only once.  I knew that before she was even born God had this planned.  He was in control and by me worrying about the outcome it lacked faith in the Almighty!
    Worry is a form of unbelief is what he's telling us.  Ouch!  As humans we will worry; but it is not going to change the outcome of the situation.  I could only pray that God give me the strength to deal with her cancer and our situation and that He be in charge of her life whatever may happen.  The thought of losing a child is awful; but I have no guarantees that one of my other children wouldn't die tomorrow or the next day or the next week.  We never know when God decides to call us home and we may never understand why; but we have to trust that He knows!  Don't worry ladies; let God take this burden as well and accept the peace that He is offering; it's much more satisfying. -CiCi-

No comments:

Post a Comment