Friday, January 20, 2012

The Weary....

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Matthew 11:28

Every once in awhile we need to take 'rest' from the business that surrounds us.  This morning after taking the kid's to school I crawled back in bed for another couple of hours.  This is something I rarely do but felt God telling me I needed some rest.  Most of you reading this know my recent situation; we've had a child go through cancer treatment and a husband who works out of town; so needless to say I am very weary most of the time and busy keeping up with the home and the children.  So today, instead of starting the laundry as needed, I listened to God!

I can honestly say I feel so much better right now!  A daily prayer I have is that Christ give me the strength I need for each day; but sometimes I don't listen when he tells me to sit, listen, rest and not worry. 

I'm asking you ladies that some time this weekend put off a chore and rest; even if it's for 30 minutes.  The dirty toilet will still be there; the laundry won't get up and walk away (although you wish it would) and the dust surely won't mind being left a little longer.  If you do find yourself overwhelmed as I often do; grab your bible and open a Psalm or Proverb and let Christ release your burdens; just like he did for David.  David had much to be overwhelmed and anxious about; but he gave it to God and was not only restored but turned out to be a Great man of God!  How exciting!!

So go and NOT conquer that house; but REST!  -CiCi-

No comments:

Post a Comment