Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My plans vs. His plans....

   Well the joy continues with our house hunting progress; but I do find myself getting overwhelmed with the speed of things.  We recently put an offer in on a house and I was totally set on taking our time regarding when we have to move.  We don't have any time frame we have to be out of our current rental property (a family member owns the home); so I was thinking a couple months down the road.  Well....after choosing the house we were happy with and felt God calling it our home; we sent the offer on Sunday evening around 8pm and it was signed by the seller Monday morning!  It seems the bank has approved the offer as well (it's a short sale) and the inspection was done today - whew....my head is just spinning.
    I was not prepared for this; I have not packed; I have little one's birthday parties coming up; but as I read the following verse it just reminded me again that God has his own timing - "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails." (Proverbs 19:21 NIV)
    I love how when I let God take control and put my patience in overdrive; he gets busy!  We are extremely thrilled for what He's doing and to be closer to owning our own home as a family for the first time!  So if you have something you've been praying about and being patient about; watch out because you might get your answer when you least expect it. Go God!! -CiCi-

No comments:

Post a Comment