Thursday, January 26, 2012

Run the race.....

     "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles.  And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us" - (Hebrews 12:1)  
    Are you a runner?  I am not a runner; have never liked running; but my oldest daughter is a track runner.  So in honor of her I ran a 1/2 marathon; which consists of 13.1 miles; in December of last year.  In preparing for it I had to train; building endurance and of course eating and drinking well.  This was the hardest thing I think I have ever done in my life!  I had great timing on the first 7 or so miles and then had to get my feet bandaged for blisters on mile 8.  And in no shame admitting it; I had to walk the entire last mile.  It was hard; but I finished it!
    This same thing applies for the race that Christ has laid out of us.  In training for this race we need to have healthy insides as well.  We need to feed our soul with the word of God as well as with all other kinds of healthy intake; what we watch and what we listen to and the friends we surround ourselves with on a daily basis.  It is of course just as important to eat healthy so that you stay physically healthy.  This takes perseverance on a daily basis!  Even those days when it's hard to get out of bed; we must press on.  Just a few minutes with God daily is a start; even if it's "Lord, you know my heart but you know that I'm not feeling well today; please give me the strength to just conquer this day with you in mind."  Throw off the things that hinder you no matter what race you are running; we are training for the ultimate eternal award - you will find peace and strength in giving your load to Christ and running the race He has marked out! -CiCi-

No comments:

Post a Comment