Monday, January 23, 2012

I Am Second......

    Happy Monday ladies - I hope you had a great weekend!  This post will sort of be a continuation from the last but I had to share what God showed me.  Remember I discussed being weary and shared Matthew 11:28 with you - 'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Well last night I was reading a book called 'I Am Second' by Doug Bender & Dave Sterrett.  It's about real people and how they came to know Jesus.  The first story in the book is about Brian "Head" Welch who used to be the guitarist with Korn.  I was crying by the end of his story not because of what Christ did for him but because the above verse is what got Brian's attention!
    I started really realizing that God is trying to tell me something; that I am not being faithful in trusting him with my burdens and I'm trying to carry them on my own shoulders.  I am tired and I am needing the rest called for here.  It was just a beautiful example of how Christ works in us and how he reveals to us our weaknesses.  I can't begin to tell you the feeling that came over me and my prayer is just that I let go and let God!  This is my new verse that will be tattoo'd on my heart and mind and soul for the rest of my life.  It speaks to me right now like no other.
    So as I said before ladies; rest!  Do not be weary and give your burdens to the one that can handle it!  May you ladies have a blessed evening and I would love to hear about a verse that speaks to you and why. -CiCi-

3 comments:

  1. Matthew 28:20 is my favorite verse. "And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age" This reminds me that when we feel alone or forgotten, forsaken or ignored that Jesus is there and not just during those times but always and not just always now but always forever. I love this verse, It keeps me grounded and reminded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes that is some small font. I am sorry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aphreal - thank you for your post and I totally think that coinsides with what I was expressing; trusting our burdens to Him and being reminded that he is Always with us! Thank you for the reminder! Blessings...CiCi

    ReplyDelete