Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Confident Heart...

    Question:  How would you describe a woman with a confident heart?  I would love to hear your thoughts!!  We are all faced with doubt - "Am I a good mom or a good wife?"  We even fret over our appearance; our hair, make-up and what we wear.  We are constantly wondering if we are good enough; at least I am anyways.
    In Christ we can be confident that we are good enough just how we are!  He loves us no matter our faults or what we wear.  He has no clue what Polo or Guess is.  He couldn't tell you the latest fashions being sold at Nordstrom; what He can tell you is that he accepts you as is!  Kind of like a house being sold "as is" - well that's how He takes us. 
    "Those who hope in ME will not be disappointed" (Isaiah 49:23) -- So True!!!  Put your hope and confidence in Christ; not in what's on sale at Target that you just know will look good on you or having to have a name brand item like 'Coach'.  Now don't get me wrong; having these things are nice and if you can afford them I say go for it; just don't let that be your means of being accepted by other's.
     I say all of this in love and want you to know that I fall under this personally.  I am often envious of a family member that has nice things.  Human nature!  Be honest with yourself next time you want something and ask yourself if you want it because you really like it and can afford it or if it's just to impress someone else. -CiCi-

No comments:

Post a Comment